Be part of the action! Japan Film Society (JFS), in association with Anime Expo , invites anime fans to submit short film entries for this year’s “Live- Action FIGHT Competition Shorts” (aka “LA FIGHT”).
This is your chance to get your film shown at the largest anime convention in the United States! We’re looking for high quality fan-made films that feature awesome fight sequences based on your favorite anime or game.
Online voting begins on May 1st, 2013. The top three crowd favorites will automatically advance to the Finalist round and compete alongside seven films to be chosen by JFS and Anime Expo for the 3rd Place, Runner-up, and the Grand Prize. The winners will be selected by a panel of industry experts and will be announced at the 2013 Anime Expo. The Grand Prize winner will also receive special passes, prizes, and of course, a year’s worth of bragging rights.
Short film submissions will be accepted as of Friday March 8th, and fan voting will begin online on May 1st.
- March 11th, 2013: Submission period opens.
- May 1st, 2013: Submissions are made available online for public voting.
- May 24th, 2013: Submission period closes.
- June 15th, 2013: Finalists are announced and notified.
- July 4-7, 2013: The finalists are screened and compete for the Grand Prize at Anime Expo 2013.
- 2013 LA Fight Competition Shorts Grand Prize Trophy/Plaque (Grand Prize)
- 2 LA EigaFest 2013 Full Festival Passes (Grand Prize)
- 4 Anime Expo 2014 Attendee Badges (Grand Prize)
- A featured spot on JFS and Anime Expo websites (Grand Prize)
- 2013 LA Fight Competition Shorts Trophy/Plaque (Runner Up and Third Place)
- 2 screening tickets to LA EigaFest 2013 (Runner Up and Third Place)
- 2 Anime Expo 2014 Attendee Badges (Runner Up and Third Place)
- All entries must be live-action and must include at least one fight scene based on an anime or video game.
- Runtime must be no longer than 5 minutes (including credits).
- Non-English language films must have English subtitles.
- All applicants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music and images in their films. JFS will not be responsible for any films in violation of copyright infringement.
- Parental consent is required for applicants under 18 years of age.
- Inclusion in the online contest is subject to the discretion of JFS.
How to Submit Your Film
Films may be submitted via our online form at http://japanfilmsociety.org/competition. No submission fees are required.