Anime Expo is once again proud to provide aspiring anime artists with a venue to gather, learn, and gain feedback on their artwork from industry professionals as it is important that artists have a friendly, encouraging environment with which to enjoy all aspects of anime. These Portfolio Review sessions are strictly to help provide feedback and guidance to the next generation of anime artists. These reviews are free of charge with no obligation from either side to move forward with a business relationship.
Portfolio review sessions will be conducted in The Annex @ Kentia Hall by Santa Inoue (creator of Tokyo Tribe) and Artist/Animator Sean Danconia (founder of SupaPop Studios), Natalia Bautista (manga artist), Stu Levy (founder of Tokyopop), along with Collateral Damage Studios (Artist Alley Table C16/C17) and Ruwen Liu of Sizigi Studios (Artist Alley Table L22).
- Each session must be completed within 15 minutes.
- Bring a physical portfolio. Power and internet will not be provided onsite.
- Bring 6-10 of your best pieces (Original artwork is recommended.)
- Chose pieces that reflect yourself as an artist and your range of skill
- Craftsmanship, lighting, proportion, contract, depth of field, composition, etc.
- Do not bring old material – you don’t want to show a disparate skill set
- Please do not ask for photos or autographs.
Portfolio Review Session Schedule:
- Sean Danconia: July 5-7, 3PM – 4PM
- Santa Inoue: July 5-6, 2PM – 3PM / July 7, 1:30PM – 2:30PM
- Stu Levy: July 5th 2PM – 3PM / July 6th 2PM – 3PM / July 7th 2PM – 3PM
- Natalia Batista: July 6th 11AM – 12PM / July 7th 11AM – 12PM / July 8th 11AM – 12PM
- Collateral Damage Studios: July 5-7, 3PM – 4PM / July 8, 11AM – 12PM
- Ruwen Liu – Sigizi Studios: July 5-8, 1PM – 2PM
Online sign-ups will close Tuesday, July 3 at 6 PM PDT. On-site walk-ups will still be accepted, depending on schedule availability. Feel free to visit the Artist Alley HQ in Kentia Hall for more information.