After Hours is looking for volunteers with dance experience! This sultry 21+ show is looking to cast dancers as kittens or alley cats for its upcoming production at Anime Expo 2019.
Volunteer Dancers will be playing a new role in adding some glitz and glam to the After Hours production and will not be affecting the status of or overlapping with the headlining performers. Headlining performers for After Hours are TBA.
Audition Date & Itinerary
- 24th – Volunteer Dancer Casting Call
- 2:30 pm – 2:50 pm: Auditionee Processing
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Dance Audition
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Group Interviews
- 4:30 pm – 5 pm: Casting Decision & Onboarding
- Studio Exchange: 2805 Catherine Way, Santa Ana, CA 92705
Please be ready to move and bring water.
After Hours Dance Rehearsal *Mandatory*
Note: Managers, Choreographers and Casted Dance Volunteers Only
- March, 24: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- March 28: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- May 5 (Photoshoot Day)
- 11 am – 1 pm
- May 19: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- June 2: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- June 9: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- June 23: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
The following Dress Rehearsals will be at the Los Angeles Convention Center:
- July 2, 2019: 7 pm
- July 3, 2019: 5 pm
After Hours Show Dates *Mandatory*
- Weds, July 3, 2019: Call Time is 6 pm
- Thurs, July 4, 2019 – Sat, July 6, 2019: Call Time is 4 pm
- Sun, July 7, 2019: On Call
- Must be at least 21 years old by May 1, 2019.
- Must have a minimum of 40-hour commitment scheduled (may include both pre-con and at-con hours).
- Must be available for all of Anime Expo from July 2 – July 7, 2019.
- Complete department-specific training and requirements.
- Adhere to all SPJA volunteer policies/guidelines.
- Complete the Volunteer Shiftboard Application.
- Complete Volunteer Shiftboard Profile Required Fields.
- Upload proper identification photo to Shiftboard Profile.
- Complete Youth Protection Policy (YPP) courses.
- Complete all volunteer forms.
- Complete background check.
- Becoming a part of the close-knit community of fans and friends.
- AX Volunteer-exclusive gear.
- Performance resume and experience-building.
- Basic food provisions during the convention.
- Volunteer-specific lodging during the convention.
- No badge purchase necessary.
- Parking provided for volunteers who carpool with at least two other volunteers.