Have a background in dance? You’re just what we’re looking for!
After Hours is looking for talented volunteers to take the stage in our Anime Expo 2019 production! This saucy 21+ show is looking to fill open roles for ensemble kittens or alley cats.
Volunteer Dancers will be playing a new role in adding some glitz and glam to the After Hours production and will not be affecting the status of or overlapping with the headlining performers. Headlining performers for After Hours are TBA.
Dance Volunteer Requirements:
- Passionate about anime and performance theater
- Comfortable performing onstage in an intimate stage setting
- Comfortable engaging with audience members and other performers
- Trained in dance or has some dance/movement experience
- Excited to work in a burlesque/night show environment
- MUST be able to commit to all rehearsal performance dates
Self-Tape Video Audition
To apply, please send a video audition with all of the following parts:
- Introduction (30 sec.)
- Tell us about yourself! Give us a bit of your background in performance and why you want to be in the show. Talk about your favorite anime! We want to get to know you.
- Dance Portion (30-60 sec.)
- Can be improvised or choreograph. Any style or music is acceptable, but jazz/hip-hop/burlesque styles are encouraged. Give us an idea of your dance skill level as well as your personality.
Send your audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your first name, last name, and phone number in the email submission.
See you onstage!
Audition Deadline: April 2, 2019.
After Hours Dance Rehearsal *Mandatory*
Note: Managers, Choreographers and Casted Dance Volunteers Only
- April 28: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- May 5 (Photoshoot Day)
- 11 am – 1 pm
- May 19: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- June 2: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- June 9: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- June 23: 2:30 pm – 5 pm
The following Dress Rehearsals will be at the Los Angeles Convention Center:
- July 2, 2019: 7 pm
- July 3, 2019: 5 pm
After Hours Show Dates *Mandatory*
- Weds, July 3, 2019: Call Time is 6 pm
- Thurs, July 4, 2019 – Sat, July 6, 2019: Call Time is 4 pm
- Sun, July 7, 2019: On Call
- Must be at least 21 years old by May 1, 2019.
- Must have a minimum of 40-hour commitment scheduled (may include both pre-con and at-con hours).
- Must be available for all of Anime Expo from July 2 – July 7, 2019.
- Complete department-specific training and requirements.
- Adhere to all SPJA volunteer policies/guidelines.
- Complete the Volunteer Shiftboard Application.
- Complete Volunteer Shiftboard Profile Required Fields.
- Upload proper identification photo to Shiftboard Profile.
- Complete Youth Protection Policy (YPP) courses.
- Complete all volunteer forms.
- Complete background check.
- Becoming a part of the close-knit community of fans and friends.
- AX Volunteer-exclusive gear.
- Performance resume and experience-building.
- Basic food provisions during the convention.
- Volunteer-specific lodging during the convention.
- No badge purchase necessary.
- Parking provided for volunteers who carpool with at least two other volunteers.