Types of art that can be displayed:
- Original Painting and or Drawing (Traditional Media Only.)
- Please note digital art and prints are not accepted.
- Sculpture (traditional mediums such as wood, paper-mâché, metal, clay, etc.), custom-painted and/or handmade figures are accepted.
- Please note 3D printed items will not be accepted.
Note: We will NOT be selling the art but Artists are more than welcome to include a business card with their art for contact purposes.
- All art must be family friendly and follow and strict PG guideline. We’re using the movie rating system as a guideline.
- The SPJA reserves the right to refuse any art deemed inappropriate.
- The SPJA is NOT responsible for lost, stolen or damaged art displayed at the Art Show.
For Original Paintings and Drawings:
Paintings and Drawings will be displayed on panels; the pieces displayed on panels must be no larger than 37”w x 36”h. If you are entering only one piece, your art will be displayed with other artists’ work. There will be a maximum of 50 panels, which will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Display Options: Depending on how the size/quantity of art pieces you want to display, there are two options:
- Full Panel Size: 38”w x 73”h
- Recommended Display Area: 38″Wx36″H / one side only / 5 piece maximum)
- Single Art Piece: Size cannot exceed 37”W x 36”H.
- Weight limit: 7 lbs.
- All hanging art must be framed and wired for mounting prior to entering the pieces in the Art Show. Absolutely NO GLASS will be allowed in any Clear plastic or acrylic such as Plexiglas is advised.
- Artist information can be displayed on hanging art in the form of a business card in the bottom right corner of the piece.
Sculptures, custom-painted figures and/or handmade figures will be shown in a display case. Participants can choose to rent an entire shelf to display multiple items or simply display one item along with other artists’ works. Dimensions and photos coming soon.
- Display Case: Whole Shelf
- Display Case: Single Item
- Shelf dimensions TBD. Please make sure your pieces fit these dimensions.
- Sculptures and figures must be able to stand on its own, with no additional support needed.
- Artist information can be displayed with sculptures in the form of a business card.
Artists may reserve space (panel or shelf) for the Art Show on site at Anime Expo. More information about the time and location TBA.
Please be sure to read all the guidelines, restrictions, and display option information beforehand to make sure that your piece will
To register, please do the following:
- Check-in at Art Show Registration and fill out form with contact information.
- Your art piece(s) will be tagged and processed for display. To speed up this process please have your ID ready.
- Art will be displayed from Pre-Show Night through Day 4 in the Art Show area of the Entertainment Hall.
- Participants must return to the Art Show area on Day 4 anytime between 3-7pm to pick up their art. SPJA cannot guarantee the return of any items not picked up during this timeframe. Any items left with Art Show after 7pm on Day 4 will become the property of the SPJA.