Anime Expo’s Danganronpa™ Fan Vine Contest
Anime Expo’s Danganronpa™ Fan Vine Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: NIS America, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 4 Hutton Centre Dr., Suite 650, Santa Ana, CA 92707
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (“Administrator”), 1522 Brookhollow Dr. #1, Santa Ana, CA 92705
3. ELIGIBILITY: Anime Expo’s Danganronpa™ Fan Vine Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), of at least 17 years of age as of date of entry, and who already owns or has access to a mobile device capable of taking a video and accessing/utilizing the Vine and Twitter services (hereinafter an “Eligible Device”). Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their households or immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouses, siblings, grandparents, the step-parents, step-children, and step-siblings of each and persons residing in such immediate family members’ households) of Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 10, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on February 17, 2014 (the “Submission Period”). The Administrator’s computer will be the official time-keeping device of this Contest. After the Submission Period has ended, there will be a Contest judging period (the “Judging Period”), as detailed in section 8 below, in order to determine three (1) potential First Prize winners.
5. HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter, entrants must be registered members of both Vine and Twitter. Membership on Vine and Twitter are free. Registration for Vine can be obtained by downloading the Vine application (the “Application”) onto your Eligible Device, and following the Application’s onscreen instructions to set up an account. Registration for Twitter can be obtained by going to www.twitter.com and entering the required information to register or by downloading the Twitter application onto your Eligible Device, and following the application’s onscreen instructions to open an account. In addition, an Entrant must have a non-private Twitter® account to participate in the Contest, as all prize winners will be notified via their Twitter accounts. The Twitter accounts are for notification purposes only and Twitter is not a means of entry into the Contest.
To enter your submission, during the Submission Period, complete the following steps:
Log into your Twitter account and follow @AnimeExpo on Twitter (if you do not do so already);
Log into your Vine account and record an original video on Vine to share your excitement for the upcoming release of the game and add the hashtag #AXDanganronpaFAN in the caption;
Share the video on Twitter through the Vine application (please note you must authorize your Twitter and Vine accounts to be linked in order to do so and enter);
Entrant understands and agrees that Entrant shares the Video at Entrant’s sole risk and the Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any claims arising from the Video, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of Vine’s terms of service. Entrant may not share any video that is potentially offensive, features recognizable people who have not provided consent, or that originates from an unknown or proprietary source. Entrant may not share any video unless the Entrant can verify that sharing the image does not violate the rights of any other person or company. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with the above terms or Entry Guidelines and Requirements set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry, including the Entrant’s Vine account name, to be posted on the Sponsor’s website or other websites for public view. All Entries are subject to confirmation and/or verification and compliance with these Rules as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator.
6. ENTRY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry:
• Must be in English;
• Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased;
• Must have approval from any persons appearing in the Entry and the Entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the Entry to Sponsor and/or Administrator if requested;
• Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Promotion;
• Must not include any personally identifiable information, such as an Entrant’s full name, address or telephone number;
• Must be the sole, exclusive and original work of the Entrant and must not contain images or artwork, music, quotes, parodies or other materials not created by Entrant;
• Must not contain any logos, brand names or trademarks, other than those of Sponsor;
• Must not contain any information about the story of Danganronpa™: Trigger Happy Havoc.
• Must not have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind;
• Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to, content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
i. gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
ii. the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products;
iii. the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity (or otherwise
challenges or seek to overthrow any government);
• Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
• Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
NOTE: If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, Sponsor/Administrator reserve the right to disqualify the Entrant and the Entry will not be eligible to win.
7. SPONSOR’S IP AND GENERAL ENTRY TERMS: Sponsor grants Entrants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use Sponsor’s name, product, trademarks and logos (collectively, “Sponsor’s IP”) for the sole purpose of participating in this Contest. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor’s IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, Entrants recognize that all rights, title, and interest in Sponsor’s IP shall vest exclusively to the Sponsor, and Entrant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title or interest in and to the Sponsor’s IP except for the limited license granted to Entrant in these Rules is transferred or created. Each Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s IP rights are valid and enforceable, and that Entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Sponsor’s IP in any forum. Entrants agree that the use of Sponsor’s IP is permitted only for the purpose of making an Entry in this Contest, and that any use of Sponsor’s IP (whether in the Entry or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
Each Entrant retains ownership of his/her Entry. Each Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor and its affiliated companies and designated agents a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, unconditional, fully paid license and right (a) to post and to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of, the Entry and any materials provided by the Entrant with the Entrant’s Entry or otherwise through the Promotion (“Entrant Materials”), (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly), or license the Entry and Entrant
Materials (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Entrant consents to the use of the name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses of himself/herself and any other person appearing in the Entry and Entrant Materials, as well as Entrant’s Vine account name, for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Contest.
8. JUDGING PERIOD/JUDGING CRITERIA: At the end of the Submission Period, a Judging Period will take place from Feb 18-24, 2014. During the Judging Period, all Entries that comply with these Official Rules and Submission Guidelines, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be judged by representatives of Sponsor and/or Administrator (the “Judges”) based on the following Judging Criteria:
A) Adherence To The Contest Theme (40%)
B) Originality/Creativity (30%)
C) Overall Appeal/Quality (30%)
The Judges will assign each Entry a total percentage score (“Score”). The three (3) Entries with the highest Score will be the potential First Prize winners. The Judges decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
There will be a total of three (3) First Prizes awarded in this Contest. Each winner will be awarded one (1) retail copy (NTSC North American version) of Danganronpa™: Trigger Happy Havoc (ARV: $40). The total ARV of all First Prizes to be awarded in this contest is $120.
Receiving a prize may be a taxable event. Selected Entrants are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use and any other expenses or costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules.
Prize will be delivered by email, U.S. Mail, or overnight carrier (i.e., FEDEX, UPS), within Sponsor’s sole discretion, to the address provided by the Entrant. Prizes shall only be mailed in the United States and Canada. Approximate delivery date of the Prize is March 2014 (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). Any and all guarantees and warrantees of merchandise prize are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor.
10. PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION: The potential Prize winners will be notified by posting on Vine on or about March 7, 2014. All winners will be notified at his/her Twitter account via Direct Message from @AnimeExpo and asked to provide his/her full name, e-mail address, Twitter account name, age and complete mailing address (collectively, “Contact Information”) in an e-mail to Administrator’s e-mail address as stated in the Direct Message (“Prize Notification”). At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: [a] potential winner’s failure to respond to notification via e-mail to Administrator’s e-mail address as designated in the Prize Notification within ten (10) calendar days from the date notification is sent; [b] the return of a Prize Notification as undeliverable; [c] potential winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; and [d] if the potential
winner is a resident of the United States, potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release , or if the potential winner is a resident of Canada, potential winner’s failure to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release, which will include a mathematical skill-testing question that must be answered correctly within a specified time period without assistance, within ten (10) calendar days from the date the form is sent to the potential Winner. In such cases where the prize is not accepted or where a winner has forfeited, there will, as necessary, be up to three (3) alternate winners contacted in order based on overall score from the Judging Criteria, after which the prize, if not accepted by an eligible winner, will not be awarded.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
12. WINNERS’ LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. To obtain a copy of these official rules within 90 day of the Promotion Period, or to obtain a winner’s list within 90 days of the close of the Promotion, please send your request and a SASE (VT residents need not affix postage) to “Anime Expo® Danganronpa™ Fan Vine Contest” c/o Meg Amo, Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, 1522 Brookhollow Drive, #1, Santa Ana, CA 92705.