Prohibited Items & Actions
Prohibited items and actions at Anime Expo, within the convention center, include, but may not be limited to the following:
SPJA reserves the right to review and evaluate any additional items at its discretion.
- Any action that creates or draws large crowds that impede the flow of traffic. Individuals may be asked to move or discontinue their actions in order to disperse the crowd.
- Any noise or music that is disruptive to other attendees.
- Smoking / Vaping
- Must be at least 20 feet away from all entrances per California Government Code Sections 7596-7598; no smoking is permitted in outdoor dining areas LAMC 41.50 B 18 b.
- Riding Hoverboards / Skateboards / Non-ADA Scooters / Segways
- If applicable, please check it in at bag check or keep it inside your bag within the convention center.
- Using Roller Skates / Roller Blades
- Weapons (Please see our Weapons Policy for more info)
- Drones / UAV’s
- Illegal Substances
- Stickers / Adhesive Graphics (Keep them in your bags/pockets and off the walls/floors of the convention center)
- Non-Service Animals
- Helium and Mylar Balloons
- Lasers or Similar Items
- Oversized Backpacks / Bags
- As a point of reference, the size limit for astandard airplane carry-on is 22 x 14 x 9 inches). All bags, regardless of size, are subject to inspection at any time.
- Motorized Vehicles (i.e. go-karts or kids’ battery-operated vehicles.)
- Wheeled Carts / Wagons
- Confetti / Loose Glitter (Glitter used on your costumes is OK)
- Flammable Liquids
- Open-Flame Use