- Opening /Closing Ceremonies: Non-flash photography / video allowed throughout.
- Masquerade . Non-flash photography / video allowed throughout. Press may also gather in the 1st Floor of the Wachova Room in the Nokia Theater for prime photo opportunities.
- Muscial Concerts . You may videotape from the loge area during the first 20 minutes of the event only. Please return to your seats after the first 20 minutes. Non-flash photography is allowed throughout.
Need a place to have your backpacks, props, luggage, and loot from the dealers hall? Well AX Bag Check will hold on to your items for you when you enjoy any of the events at Anime Expo! Below all the information on Bag Check, it’s services and Tickets and hours.
|Day||Check In||Check Out|
|Day 1 - Friday, July 4||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM||9:00 AM - 12:30 AM|
|Day 2 - Saturday, July 5||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM||9:00 AM - 12:30 AM|
|Day 3 - Sunday, July 6||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM||9:00 AM - 12:30 AM|
|Day 4 - Monday, July 7||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM||9:00 AM - 3:00 PM|
|4 Hours||8 Hours||All-Day Special||All-Con Special|
|$5.00 per item||$10.00 per item||$15.00 per item||$25.00 per item|
At AX Bag Check, we will hold one item for the specified hours for the price listed. If the attendee goes over the amount of time specified, a penalty charge of $5.00 ever additional 4 hours will be applied during check out. If left over night, the penalty charge becomes $20.00. Late fees will be collected at check out.
All items must be picked up before the check-out deadline for that day, otherwise overnight fees will be applied.
*Any item over the 50 pounds limit will be charged an additional $5.00 for every 10 pounds over the 50 pounds limit.
**If one item is attached to the other, it will not count as one item. To count as one item nothing can be spilling out or attached to the other item and item being checked in must be able to completely shut. (This includes decorative weapons and props.)
Items under the "Special" plans have unlimited in / out privileges until the check-out deadline for that day.
* Those with 4-Day AX Badges will be given two tickets to earn $5.00 Off the All-Day Special. The tickets cannot be combined.
- Bring your item over to the check in cashier.
- Cashier will assess and apply any appropriate fees.
- Pay the cashier and receive your claim ticket.
- Put your name, address, and phone number on the top portion of the claim ticket.
- Cashier will date stamp your portion of the ticket and take your bag.
- Give your ticket to the check-out cashier.
- Cashier will assess if you have any late fees.
- Pay the cashier if there are any late fees applicable.
- Cashier will have your bag retrieved and you will receive your bag.
These policies are subject to change at any time without notice at the sole discretion of Anime Expo & Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (“SPJA”).
Welcome to Anime Expo®. It is our mission to provide an enjoyable and safe environment for everyone. In order to make your visit and that of your fellow guests a pleasant one, we require everyone to observe the following rules. Persons violating this Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the Anime Expo®. Please have your event badge openly displayed on your person at all times during the Anime Expo® event(s).
Anime Expo® and/or The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (“SPJA”) reserve the right to refuse entrance into the events or service to any individual or group at anytime.
The following are not permitted at the Anime Expo® and its surrounding perimeters, including the parking lots and structures and shall remain in effect at all times while attending Anime Expo®:
- Failing to be fully and/or appropriately clothed, or wearing apparel or gesturing in a manner which is likely to provoke a disturbance or embroil others. Please keep in mind local laws, rules and regulations when selecting your costume.
- Physically or verbally threatening, annoying, harassing, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of physical force, or offending any person; which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, or profanity, obscene gestures or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the public peace or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Activity not sponsored by the Anime Expo® and/or an enterprise(s) engaged in business at the Anime Expo®, without complying with the Anime Expo®'s rules for such activity. This includes, without limitation, the solicitation of money or other contributions or donations, or distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, including but not limited to: firearms, explosives, clubs, knives, whips or any other object(s) that may place others in immediate apprehension of danger or which may cause danger to others if utilized in a certain manner. The possession of any weapon may only be possessed if authorized in writing by Access Control.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol.
- Possessing any illegal substance, narcotic, marijuana or any other illegal drug. Anime Expo® DOES NOT tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances in or around Anime Expo®.
- Smoking, other than in designated areas.
- Violating any Federal, State or Local law or ordinance.
Violation of the Code of Conduct policies is grounds for immediate loss of your event badge, suspension from the Anime Expo® and convention privileges.
PROHIBITION AGAINST THE USE OF SIGNS
All signs, whether for a costume prop or not, are prohibited unless approved in writing for specific use by Anime Expo®. Unapproved signs will be confiscated and repeat offenses may lead to individuals being asked to forfeit your attendee badge and may result in being banned from the convention.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOTAPE
Photographs and videotape footage by attendees are generally allowed in all common areas of the convention with the exception of the Art Show. Specific rules and restrictions regarding video, audio, and photography apply to certain specific events. Please consult the program guide at the convention for information relating to specific restricted events.
Please obtain permission first when photographing or videotaping individuals or costumes. If someone asks or otherwise indicates that they do not wish to be photographed, do not photograph them.
Photography or videography of Anime Expo® events, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, or publication to the press is expressly forbidden unless written permission has been obtained from SPJA, as well as the Los Angeles Convention Center in accordance with its press policy. Individuals may take pictures and videotapes for private viewing and identify all images, sound bites and clips of Anime Expo® events as Anime Expo® events.
Video footage of the convention and attendees is gathered by staff members, including public areas, events, and panels, and may be used in a highlights tape, marketing endeavor or other media use. Acceptance of an Anime Expo® membership constitutes consent to be filmed or photographed by Anime Expo® staff, approved industry, or media during the Anime Expo® event without compensation to you. Your acceptance of a membership and attendance at any Anime Expo® event, including the convention, constitutes a grant of rights to Anime Expo® to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise use any film or video footage that it affixes in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
These rules apply to all attendees (exhibitors, guests, press, or any level of regular membership). All members of the press and staff are additionally required to conform to Anime Expo®'s Press Policy and we encourage attendees to become familiar with those rules.
During the convention an Information Services kiosk booth will be located at the event for questions, concerns or inquires. Check your Event Map or program guide for location.
If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to approach anyone on the Anime Expo® staff or contact us online.
Anime Expo® and/or SPJA reserve the right to modify and/or update this Code of Conduct at any time.
There are three ways to acquire autographs from a Guest of Honor (GoH)
- By winning a spot through a raffle held at the end of a GoH panel.
- By waiting in a standby line at any of the GoH autograph sessions.
- By attending the Open Autograph Session on Day 4
GUEST OF HONOR PANEL RAFFLE POLICY
- Only one raffle ticket per attendee. Any person found trying to submit multiple entries will automatically be disqualified and may also be asked to leave the panel and receive a warning.
During the Panel
- Tickets will only be distributed from the start of the seating until the first 10 (ten) minutes after the start of the panel or until all the tickets have been given out (whichever comes first). After which no further tickets will be distributed.
- Ticket holder MUST BE PRESENT at the end of the panel when the raffle winners are announced in order to secure their spot at the autograph session.
- If you are a raffle winner, your name, badge number and winning ticket number will be recorded and verified later at the Autograph Session.
During the Autograph Session
- Autograph winners must arrive at least 10 (ten) minutes prior to the start of the Autograph Session and check-in with the staffers who are running the lines.
- Standby lines will be available for ticket holders who did not win the raffle and non-ticket holders. However:
- Autograph Sessions are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice.
- An autograph ticket only denotes eligibility to receive an autograph at the regular session. They do not guarantee that the holder will receive an autograph and cannot be used to get priority at the Open Autograph Sessions.
- You are responsible for providing your own material for signing. Please make sure your item is properly licensed and that the item is from something that the GoH worked on.
- You may only receive 1 (one) autograph per time in the line after which all attendees must then go to the end of the standby line.
OPEN AUTOGRAPH SESSION
The Open Autograph Session is held on the morning of the last day of the convention and is for Autographs only. There are no tickets for this event and it is strictly on a first come, first serve basis. The Open Autograph Session is attended at the sole discretion of each GoH. Each GoH may end his or her participation in the Open Autograph Session at any time before the session officially ends. GoHs may continue to sign autographs after the Open Autograph Session has officially ended.
OTHER WAYS TO OBTAIN AUTOGRAPHS
- In the event that you miss the Regular Autograph Session and the Open Autograph Session, you can obtain an autograph by bidding and winning an item personally donated by the GoH at the Charity Auction.
- Please Note: Some companies outside of AX may also hold sponsored autograph sessions for the GoHs and other special guests. Please check with the various companies at their exhibit hall booths for more information.
Each Anime Expo® Main Event being held in Hall G in the South Hall of the LACC has its own rules when it comes to appropriate behavior. Please abide by those rules as are stated below.
Conditions apply to all parties attending events in Hall G, including Anime Expo Staff as well as attendees, Press and Industry. Any penalties incurred in Hall G will count towards the convention’s one-strike policy for Main Events.
What are the Anime Expo Main Events?
The Anime Expo Main Events include:
- Anime Expo Concerts
- AX Masquerade Contest
- Anime Music Video (AMV) Contest
- SPJA Charity Auction
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies
Anime Expo Concerts and Anime Music Video (AMV) Contest
No photography and/or video recording of any kind is allowed, with the exception of Anime Expo Archive Staff and pre-approved Press members.
By attending, you agree not to bring any photography or recording devices into the venue.
Please leave restricted items in your car, hotel room, or at bag check. Cell phones should be kept in bags or pockets for the duration of the concert(s) and AMV contest.
Individuals will not be allowed into Hall G until photography or recording devices have been properly stored (i.e., they cannot be on your person).
Bag check is available in the West Hall Lobby at the Convention Center, where you can store cameras and other electronic devices for the duration of these events.
Any attendee(s), non-authorized press or staff members discovered with functioning equipment will be subjected to immediate deletion of all media stored in the device, one strike on the badge, and, at the discretion of Anime Expo Staff, ejection from the venue and badge revocation for the remainder of the convention.
Opening & Closing Ceremonies and SPJA Charity Auction
For the safety of our Guests of Honor on stage, no flash photography is allowed.
Photos and videos must be for personal use only, with the exception of Anime Expo Archive Staff and pre-approved Press members.
For the safety of our contestants and/or AX Staff on stage, no flash photography is allowed.
Photos and videos must be for personal use only, with the exception of Anime Expo Archive Staff and pre-approved Press members.
Due to the high volume of people attending the Main Events, the following should be noted for safety and fire hazard reasons:
- No excess or large baggage (14 x 14 inches or larger) will be allowed.
- No oversized costumes and/or props, or anything resembling a weapon (with the exception of Masquerade contestants on Sunday, July 1st).
- No skanking or moshing.
- No standing on chairs.
- No smoking.
- No outside food or beverages (water bottles are acceptable).
- No re-entry allowed for the Main Events in Hall G.
Attendees are highly encouraged to utilize the bag check located in the West Hall Lobby at the Convention Center prior to arriving at the venue.
All attendees, Press, Industry and AX Staff attending the Main Events must have valid AX 2012 badges and Main Event tickets.
Those found loitering in aisles will face immediate ejection from the venue and receive one strike on the badge or, at the discretion of Anime Expo Staff, badge revocation for the remainder of the convention.
All attendees are subject to the Anime Expo Code of Conduct.
c/o Anime Expo
1733 S. Douglass Road, Suite F
Anaheim, California, 92806
Information we collect and how we use it
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide — When you register as an attendee for Anime Expo® or other Anime Expo® service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as name, email address, physical address, etc.). For certain services, such as our pre-registration process, we also request credit card or other payment account information that we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Anime Expo® services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information — When you access Anime Expo® services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications — When you send email or other communications to Anime Expo® and its representatives, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links — Anime Expo® may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our site; and
- Developing new services
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services.
Anime Expo® processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Anime Expo® features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Anime Expo® may not be able to provide those services to you.
Anime Expo® only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Anime Expo® in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Anime Expo®, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Anime Expo® employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Anime Expo® services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
c/o Anime Expo
1733 S. Douglass Road, Suite F
Anaheim, California, 92806
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Anime Expo®’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Anime Expo® and an individual.
c/o Anime Expo
1733 S. Douglass Road, Suite F
Anaheim, California, 92806
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR WEAPONS
You may not carry or possess any weapon, openly or concealed, or in an inoperable or unusable condition at any time at or around the convention space, including the surrounding parking lots. Any weapon, firearm, knives, curio, relic, antique firearms, and all forms of ammunition are strictly forbidden. Even items that may be legal for you to own or carry are not welcome at Anime Expo® and are to be left at home.
Weapon: This includes, but is not limited to: firearms, ammunition, rifles, shotguns, hand guns, BB guns, pellet guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, paintball guns, blow guns, tasers, laser pointers, laser-aiming devices, or similar laser devices, explosives, knives, swords (including katana and other martial arts style swords), daggers, sword canes, switchblades, bali-song (butterfly) knives, axes, hatchets, pole arms, staffs, clubs, wooden or metal bats and paddles, bows, arrows, martial arts weapons, brass knuckles, chains, whips, pepper spray, mace, whips, projectile items, toy or real, or any item that may infer it is a dangerous item or one which would place another in apprehension of immediate harm.
Weapons purchased at Anime Expo® must be kept wrapped and are to be immediately removed from the premises following purchase.
PROP WEAPON OR FUTURISTIC REPLICA - PEACE BONDING
All prop weapons or futuristic replica must be submitted to "Access Control" for written approval. Access Control has the sole discretion to approve prop weapons or futuristic replicas at Anime Expo®. Access Control is located at the booth entitled "Peace Bonding."
Prop Weapons: homemade or commercially rendered costume prop weapons that support the overall look of a costume or character.
Futuristic Replica: Weapons portrayed in a futuristic manner such as: phasers, ray guns, or light-sabers.
Removing or tampering with the device(s) used by Access Control to designate approval is a violation of the Weapons Policy and will result in immediate expulsion from Anime Expo.
Any approved prop weapon or futuristic devise may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the Access Control and management of Anime Expo®, for reasons including, but not limited to, the item being utilized or brandished in an inappropriate fashion or if complaints are received regarding its improper display.
USE OF APPROVED PROP WEAPONS
Prop weapons are to be displayed only as costume pieces and are not allowed to be swung, jabbed, brandished, and utilized in a threatening manner, thrust, or actively used on the convention grounds or in the surrounding parking lots. Doing so can injure others, create unsafe situations and possibly injure others. You may pose with a Prop Weapon in a brandishing manner, so long as no reasonable person would interpret the posed brandishing as anything but a pose for dramatic effect. Such posed brandishing may be stopped at the sole and absolute discretion of Access Control, and management of Anime Expo®, its security or staff members.
Anime Expo® also requests that attendees put away their prop weapons when leaving the convention site at night.
MARTIAL ARTS PERFORMANCES & DEMOS
Persons giving martial arts performances or demonstrations that are officially sanctioned in advance by the management of Anime Expo® may display working martial arts weapons during, and thirty (30) minutes before and after the demonstrations or performances only. Those weapons must be used so as to avoid harm to persons or property. These martial arts weapons must be transported to and from the performance or demonstration area in cases or wrapped and concealed, and must be removed from the convention premises immediately following the performances or demonstrations. Access Control and the management of Anime Expo® reserve the right to stop any performance or demonstration at its discretion.
USE OF UNIFORMED COSTUMES
Anime Expo® has the absolute right and sole discretion to determine whether a uniform costume is permitted or too close to a real world uniform and to ask an attendee who is wearing a costume that is too close to a real world uniform to adjust it or remove it. In the event the attendee does not cooperate with that request, Anime Expo® may expel the person from the convention.
COSTUMES THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OR OTHER EMERGENCY RESPONSE PERSONNEL UNIFORMS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ANIME EXPO®
INSPECTIONS OF PROPERTY
Anime Expo® attendees understand, agree and consent that Access Control, Anime Expo® representatives, or security personnel throughout Anime Expo®, have the absolute and immediate right to inspect costumes, weapons, prop weapons, and futuristic props, and any other items brought into the convention space by an Attendee.
Access Control or Anime Expo® may determine whether any particular item covered by this policy is or is not permitted at Anime Expo®. If it is discovered that an Attendee brought any unauthorized weapon to any Anime Expo®, or violates any of the policies referenced above, that person shall be immediately removed from the convention space. Anime Expo® reserves the right to remove the such offenders from the premises, temporarily or permanently.
PERSONS WHO CARRY OR OTHERWISE BRING PROP WEAPONS, FUTURISTIC REPLICAS, OR SIMILAR ITEMS WHICH MY DEPICT A WEAPON, DO SO AT THEIR OWN, SOLE, AND ABSOLUTE RISK, AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF LIABILITY, HARM, DAMAGE, OR LOSS TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY INJURED OR OTHERWISE HARMED, INTENTIONALLY OR ACCIDENTLY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY SUCH ITEMS OR THE PERSON CARRYING THEM. IT IS HEREBY AGREED THAT THE SOCIETY FOR JAPANESE ANIMATION ("SPJA"), ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, OR THE LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, HARM, DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER RISK OR LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY PERSON'S USE OF ANY WEAPON, REPLICA, OR PROP, WHETHER PERMITTED OR BANNED HEREUNDER, AT ANIME EXPO®. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANIME EXPO®, SPJA AND ITSAFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, OR THE LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES HEREUNDER.
ATTENDEE WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD SPJA AND ITSAFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES AND THE LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER AND ITS AFFILIATES HARMLESS FOR ALL LOSSES, COSTS, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES (INCLDUING ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS) ARISING OUT OF ANY CLAIM FOR PAYMENT BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY MAKING ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ACT OR EVENT AT THE ANIME EXPO®.