Volunteer Leadership Opportunities
Interested in volunteering at Anime Expo? We are currently accepting resumes for the following leadership opportunities (click on each section to learn more about the responsibilities and requirements for each position):
More information about our volunteer program can be found on the “Volunteering at AX” page.
Main Events Assistant Division Manager
The Main Events Assistant Division Manager (ADM) is responsible for assisting the division manager with all SPJA Main Events (such as Anime Expo 2016 and Cosplay Expo 2016).
The Main Events ADM also assists with the development and execution of all Main Events for attendees. Main Events includes events such as, but not limited to: Opening and Closing Ceremonies, music concerts, anime promotional events, Fashion Show, and other special events.
The major areas of responsibility also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Copy Writing & Editing: Help the division manager write and edit copy for areas such as policies, website content, and form e-mails.
- Back Stage Management: Assist the division manager in a support role for communication during events. Help to ensure that things run smoothly back stage at these events.
- Script Writing Assistance: Assist the division manager with any script writing needs including but not limited to the creation and production of Opening Ceremonies, Closing Ceremonies, etc.
- AX Volunteer Management: Assist the division manager in maintaining contact with the department managers of the Main Events Division. This includes periodic e-mail updates and reminders for deadlines.
- Customer Service: When available, assist the division manager with answering questions from attendees, using the customer service inquiry system. Also dealing with any issues that arise with attendees, volunteers, industry partners, and guests as it pertains to the departments overseen.
- Administration: Support the coordination of all aspects of the Main Events Division including, but not limited to: calendar management and policy enforcement.
- Volunteer Management: Help to streamline communication among department managers, ensuring they adhere to the processes and procedures of the SPJA. Help to cross train volunteers as needed.
- Organizational Planning: Collaborate and execute projects that improve the process and workflow within the division.
- Inventory Management: Review the inventories submitted by department managers and ensure anything that is needed annually (i.e. ticket stock, backstage toiletries) is purchased in time.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
To perform the Main Event Assistant Division Manager volunteer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential responsibilities satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of an ADM.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and judgement.
- Must be organized and work well under deadlines.
- Previous experience with stage management preferred.
- Must be flexible with strong communications skills under pressure.
- Must live in Southern California with reliable, independent transportation.
- Must remain calm and level-headed under pressure.
- Must be able to attend meetings, conferences, and events (including social functions) as necessary.
- Ability to come into the office at least 4 days per month (typically once a week).
If interested in the position please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you.
Video Media Management Manager
The Audio Visual Technical Division is looking a manager for the new Video Media Management department.
- Ability to create, organize and update schedules
- Ability to organize collected media onto storage medium
- Ability to meet at SPJA office once a month
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have leadership experience
- Must at least have intermediate computer experience
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Josh Rooney. Thank you.
Community Stage Assistant Manager
A newly created department in the Entertainment Hall is looking for an assistant manager to help run the activities that will be going on at the Community Stage. The assistant manager must have the following skills:
- Customer service experience
- Previous event coordination experience
- Must be charismatic
- Must be organized
- Must be able to assist the manager run activities on the Community Stage
Please send your resume to Sarah Mendoza at email@example.com. Thank you.