We are kicking off the new year with dates and information about the AX 2018 Official Hotel Block~!
Hotel Block Dates
The AX Official Hotel Block is separated for the following groups: Exhibitor, Premier Fan, and General Attendee. Rates and cancellation policies vary per hotel but will be the same for all groups in the AX Official Hotel Block. Please see the table below to find out when each block will be available:
|What||Day – Time|
|Exhibitor Hotel Block Open||February 1 – 9 AM PST|
|Premier Fan Hotel Block Open||February 14 – 9 AM PST|
|General Attendee Hotel Block Open||February 28 – 9 AM PST|
|Premier Fan Deadline to Book Hotel||April 16 – 11:59 PM PST|
NEW FOR 2018:
- Virtual Waiting Room: This year, we will be implementing a virtual waiting room on the hotel booking site to ensure that it will not crash due to high-traffic. Please note that there is also a time limit of 15 minutes for completing your reservation on the hotel booking site. Inactivity on the site for the duration of the time limit will result in a timeout message and will require you to start the reservation process over again.
- New Housing Provider: ConferenceDirect is the official housing provider for Anime Expo and the only place to book rooms at the AX 2018 hotel block rates. If you choose to use another hotel booking site or book directly with the hotel, any customer service inquiries must be handled by the respective booking service that you used.
- Updated AX Website Performance: Based on the performance of our new website during the Black Friday sale, as well as extensive research and testing, the AX site should have no major issues for the hotel block release.
- (Updated 1/26/18) Revised Cancellation Policy: Any reservations that are canceled after 9 PM PST on May 14th will be assessed a $50 fee per room. This new deadline is to encourage earlier cancellations, rather than canceling closer to the AX event dates, per the hotel cancellation policies. Earlier cancellations will help allow for as many attendees as possible to be able to utilize the available hotel space during Anime Expo 2018. Please note that all hotel’s respective policies will still apply. As such, cancellations made closer to your arrival date (48 – 72 hours or 7 days, depending on each hotel’s respective cancellation policy) will result in an increased fee equal to one night’s room and tax. Please review the hotel booking policies for more information.
- (Updated 1/29/18) Reservation Requirements: Due to the high demand for some of our participating hotels, arrivals will not be accepted on Friday or Saturday. This means that arrivals must be on Thursday or earlier and must encompass both Friday and Saturday nights. Hotels affected by these new reservation requirements include JW Marriott, Residence Inn, Courtyard, Ritz Carlton, Luxe, Indigo, and InterContinental. Subject to change.
To avoid delays during the booking process, we recommend visiting the hotel page in advance to determine your top three hotel choices you would like to book. All hotels are subject to availability. You can find information about each hotel’s amenities, cancellation policies, and more. The pricing below is provided for planning purposes only and does not account for taxes, upgrades, or any other additional fees that may apply. More detailed information about each hotel’s policies and amenities will be available on the hotel booking website. The AX website will be updated with rate information for other hotels as soon as it is available.
Hotel Booking Policies
- A valid credit card is needed to make a reservation.
- Reservations are non-transferrable.
- Depending on the hotel, you must be at least 18 or 21 years of age to check into a room.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Hotel Booking Policies page.
Each hotel has a different deadline for when you can request a cancellation of your reservation without incurring any charges or penalties. Please refer to the hotel grid above for more information.
Paying for a Reservation on Behalf of Someone Else
If you are making a payment for a hotel reservation on behalf of someone else and will not be staying at the hotel, a Credit Card Authorization form must be filled out and provided to the hotel prior to arrival. To request the Credit Card Authorization form, please reach out to ConferenceDirect at email@example.com.
Premier Fan Hotel Block Policy
The Premier Fan Hotel Block is reserved strictly for Premier Fans and is not part of the general attendee housing block. This block grants Premier Fans priority access to book hotel rooms for Anime Expo 2018 but does not guarantee availability. This block will consist of the following hotels: JW Marriott, Residence Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Luxe City Center Hotel, Hotel Indigo, InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, and the Westin Bonaventure Hotel.
Premier Fans who are registered for AX 2018 will receive an email with the hotel link and phone number prior to the hotel block opening day/time.
Each Premier Fan is allowed to book only one (1) room under his/her name. Anyone found to have multiple rooms under his/her name will have all but the first reservation canceled without prior notice.
All Premier Fans hotel reservations require an Eventbrite Order Number and legal name as shown on your Eventbrite Registration.
- If the information does not match, your reservation will not be validated. An email notice will be sent out and you will have two (2) business days to resolve the issue with ConferenceDirect. Lack of response or correction will result in a cancellation of your reservation.
Premier Fan Hotel Reservations Paid by a Non-Premier Fan
If a hotel reservation under your name will be paid by someone other than yourself, a Credit Card Authorization form must be filled out and provided to the hotel prior to your arrival. To request the Credit Card Authorization form, please reach out to ConferenceDirect at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Chance to Book
If you are not able to secure a hotel reservation, you have a second chance to book during the General Attendee Hotel Booking on February 28th.