Artist Alley is a venue for amateur and semi-professional artists to celebrate Japanese pop culture through all types of art. Artists come from all over the country and beyond to share their original artwork, prints, crafts, clothing, comics and more.
Anime Expo’s Artist Alley is located in the back of the Exhibit Hall (South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center).
For participating artists at AX 2015, the Artist Alley Form & Packet will be coming this spring.
- Thursday, Day 1 (July 2) : 12 PM ~ 6 PM
- Friday, Day 2 (July 3) : 10 AM ~ 6 PM
- Saturday, Day 3 (July 4) : 10 AM ~ 6 PM
- Sunday, Day 4 (July 5) : 10 AM ~ 3 PM
List of Artist Alley Participants TBA
General Table Information
- Tables are 6’ x 2’ and 2.5’ high
- Artists may purchase up to two (2) tables (Half tables are not sold)
- Table are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Artists who have paid for their tables (excluding artists on the wait list) will be sent an e-mail notification prior to the release of the application form.
- Special placement requests are accepted but not guaranteed.
- Veteran artists (ten years or more at Anime Expo) have priority table selection.
- Tables are then assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis by table purchase, application, and approvals.
- Assignments are also subject to projected table content and seating preferences.
- The primary artist must provide information about the products and services that will be offered or displayed at the convention.
- Examples of his/her work must be submitted.
- Subsidiary artists must provide their own work examples.
- Examples of work may be in the form of online photos, a blog, a website, or photographs listed in the Artist Alley Application Form.
- Artists may request (given all parties have made submissions) to be placed near another artist or in certain areas via the “Seating Requests” field in the registration form
- Table swaps will not be allowed under any circumstances. All table assignments are final.
Refund & Transfer Policy
Full refunds are given for Artist Alley packages, AA tables, and AA passes made 60 days after approval of your Artist Alley Form (application, not the purchase). Any cancellations made after this date will not be refunded. If additional AA tables or AA passes are purchased at a later date, cancellation must be made within 60 days to receive a full refund. You will not receive a refund for any cancellations after May 1st, 2015.
If you purchased a package, additional table, or additional Artist Alley badge in July 2014, you have been already been pre-approved for the Artist Alley Application Form. This means you are no longer eligible for a refund.
Tables and passes are non-transferrable to other artists/attendees. This includes other artists already registered under the same table. Tables and passes are non-transferrable to the following years.
For assistance with cancellations and refunds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Obtain a California Seller’s Permit
By law, any individual selling items in the state of California must have a California Seller’s Permit. The permit is free and very easy to obtain. You may apply for a permit by mail or in person at one of the Board of Equalization field offices.
All information about how to obtain a California Seller’s Permit can be found on the California Board of Equalization website here: http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm
- The Seller’s Permit number must be submitted via the Artist Alley Form by June 1, 2015.
- In accordance with state policy, all artists must keep his/her Seller’s Permit (original or copy) available at his/her respective table.
- All individuals selling items in Artist Alley is required to obtain his/her own Seller’s Permit. NO ‘et al’ will be accepted.
For more information, please visit the California Board of Equalization website at http://www.boe.ca.gov. If you run into problems that cannot be addressed by the Board of Equalization, please contact the Artist Alley staff as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com
What if I already purchased my Artist Alley table for AX 2015?
FOR THOSE WHO PURCHASED AN ARTIST ALLEY TABLE IN JULY 2014:
- You are already pre-approved.
- You still need to submit the application form so we can collect more information about your table, guests, and seller’s permits.
- The barcode that was sent when you first registered is no longer valid and will not be scannable.
- A new registration confirmation will be delivered to your email from Eventbrite.
- Each package, additional table, and additional badge will be sent with a different order confirmation according to the email entered during registering in July.
- Your additional badge order confirmation could be sent to your guest (additional artist or helper) instead of you.
- This Eventbrite order confirmation can be presented at the Pre-Registration counter electronically (via Eventbrite App or QR code in the email) or with a print out.
- Please make sure to use the Eventbrite registration confirmation (it is the only barcode that will be valid at Badge Pick-Up).