Discover and shop the latest Japanese fashion trends
Since 2012, AX Fashion Show has featured over ten different authentic Japanese clothing brands. Each year, we aim to showcase different styles and introduce our attendees to variety of Japanese fashion. Attendees are able to shop each brands’ offerings in the Exhibit Hall, as well as meet the designers and guest models for autograph signings and/or photo opportunities.
- Junnyan (Host/MC)
- Guest Model Shinya
- Guest Model: DJ HEAVYGRINDER
- Sanrio’s Sweet Happy My Melody Fashion Show styled by JapanLA
- Guest Model: Kimura U
Harajuku Fashion Walk USA
Founder of the world-renowned Harajuku Fashion Walk, Junnyan, will host first official “Harajuku Fashion Walk” in the US at Anime Expo!
Shinya of DIR EN GREY to model for h.NAOTO
Kimura U returns to model for Sanrio’s Sweet Happy My Melody Fashion Show
DJ HEAVYGRINDER to model for galaxxxy
Collaboration T-Shirt with galaxxxy available in AX Merch Store (South Lobby)
Special thanks to Cinema Makeup School for assistance with hair and makeup for the AX Fashion Show
KOKOkim, Swankiss, GHOST OF HARLEM
Kimura U (Japanese Ambassador of Cute, model, and designer of KOKOkim) and Saaya Hayashida (Designer of Swankiss)
MA*RS, GLAvIL by tutuHA, GOLDS infinity, LIZ LISA doll, LIZ LISA, Tralala
Photos: Ben Chan
Participating Brands: galaxxxy, Kapibara-san, dolldelight
Guests: Misako Aoki (model and Japanese Ambassador of Cute) and Cyril Lumboy (designer of dolldelight)
Photos: Ben Chan
Are you an experienced model? Are you interested in being involved in an event at AX? If you are, then we want you! Apply to be a model at the Fashion Show at AX! Further details about Fashion Show partners will be announced soon, but don’t wait to be a part of the excitement! Selected applicants will receive a complimentary 4-day badge to Anime Expo and an unforgettable experience. If you want to apply to be a part of our volunteer team, here’s what you need to know:
- You must be available on: Thursday, 6-10 pm for model fittings and rehearsal; and on Friday, 8 am to 8:30 pm for hair, makeup, dress rehearsal and the show itself. We cannot make accommodations for anyone who cannot come to the Thursday rehearsal, so please do not apply if you cannot be on time.
- Bring your own shoes to rehearsal and show day. We will give you details on what style of shoes to bring.
- If you apply and model for us, we expect you to act in a professional manner with our guests, staff, and other models. You will be changing clothes in front of other models, so please wear appropriate undergarments (neutral or nude color is preferred, especially for show day).
- You will be required to provide your own food/snacks/drinks. Leaving the premises on show day is not permitted, so plan accordingly.
- Please provide clear, unedited photos. Head and body shots must be head-on, directly facing the camera.
- Please use an inches-to-centimeters converter if you aren’t sure how to measure in centimeters. Please give us accurate measurements.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY
Deadline to apply is June 3, 2015