We’re honored to have the team from Studio TRIGGER join Anime Expo 2017! They will all participate in panels, and Yoshinari will participate in autograph sessions. Be sure to follow Studio TRIGGER on Twitter to get updates, plus download the official AX 2017 mobile app to get schedule updates.
Studio TRIGGER Panel
- The highlight of the panel will be the announcement of multiple new project/titles that TRIGGER will be working on in the upcoming years. The panel will also reflect on TRIGGER’s latest television series, Little Witch Academia.
- Participating Guests: Yoh Yoshinari, Takafumi Hori, Shigeto Koyama, and Hiromi Wakabayashi
- When: Sunday, July 2 at 4:30 PM in Live Programming 2 (JW Marriott – Platinum Ballroom)
Studio TRIGGER Live Drawing Panel
- TRIGGER will be collaborating with Wacom to conduct a live-drawing session!
- Participating Guests: Yoh Yoshinari, Takafumi Hori, and Shigeto Koyama
- When: Monday, July 3 at 9:30 PM in Live Programming 1 (Petree Hall)
Debuting as chief key animator on the critically acclaimed series Neon Genesis Evangelion, Yoh Yoshinari participated in many popular titles such as GURREN LAGANN, and Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt. Upon becoming staff at TRIGGER, he produced his first full-length anime, Little Witch Academia, and participated in TRIGGER’s first television series KILL la KILL as main set design.
Works: GURREN LAGANN (mechanical design), Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt (concept artist), KILL la KILL (set design. Opening storyboard artist), and Little Witch Academia (Director, original character design)
Previously from Studio GAINAX, Hiromi Wakabayashi has been involved in several works with Hiroyuki Imaishi. Wakabayashi was involved on Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt as co-creator, writer, and episodic director.
After joining TRIGGER, Wakabayashi assisted and oversaw the design team of KILL la KILL as its Creative Producer. Later on, he took part in Space Patrol Luluco as Creative Director and Music Producer.
Recognizable works: Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt, KILL la KILL, Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade, SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED, Obake-chan, and Space Patrol Luluco
Shigeto Koyama is an active designer in Japan’s media industry. Starting his career by participating in Aim for the Top 2! (Diebuster) in 2004, Shigeto took part in numerous animation titles. Some of these notable titles includes: HEROMAN, Eureka Seven, GURREN LAGANN, STAR DRIVER, Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt, Rebuild of Evangelion, KILL la KILL, and BIG HERO 6. In 2015, he directed his first short animation film Obake-chan. Koyama has also been leading the art direction of GOODSMILE RACING since 2014.
Takafumi Hori is an experienced animator who has participated in numerous popular titles such as REDLINE, You are Umasou, KILL la KILL, and Steven Universe. Hori has been a long running animator at Studio TRIGGER, and he fills the post as the main animator for the television series of Little Witch Academia.