Anime Expo is proud to once again host the World Cosplay Summit USA Finals! Taking place during the AX Masquerade, WCS USA operates as a separate competition in accordance with its own rules and regulations.
At this year’s event, we will be selecting Team USA 2023, to compete in Japan next summer! The WCS USA Finals process will take place from Day 0 – Day 3, with the full schedule being announced at a later date. We recommend planning to be available the entire weekend. Please be sure to carefully read the WCS USA Final Rules.
Before filling out the application, please note:
- All entries must be teams of two (2) people.
- No content or source material may be mature (or 18+) audiences only.
- All applicants must have either proof of permanent residence in the United States or proof of citizenship available for review by SPJA at Anime Expo.
- All applicants must be available for the Championship in Japan from early August 2023 (dates TBA)
*Please note: You will only need one set of costumes for the WCS USA Finals (which will become your Championship costumes in Japan). The event in Japan will require at least 3 additional costumes supplementary to your Championship costume. A 4th additional costume is recommended but not required.
- All applicants must be 18 years old or older, to be verified by a government-issued ID by SPJA at Anime Expo.
- All applicants must be aware of the official WCS rules and regulations listed here.
- Sign up form opens Tuesday, March 1st, 2022, at 8 PM PST.
- Applications will be accepted from March 1 through May 1, 2022 11:59 PM PST.
- Applications will be reviewed from May 2 through May 15, 2022.
- Additional information (including, but not limited to, costume photos, construction photo or buildbook, performance video/audio, headshots, biographies) will be due on May 30.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com for assistance.