The Industry Badge is available for approved professionals who are part of the creative process of Japanese pop culture, content, or related industries including production design, writing and editing, and Japanese pop culture business professionals such as marketing, sales, business development, producers, and executives. The Industry Badge is sold as a single badge, and will still provide the same benefits and access as in years past. The criteria for approval remains unchanged to prior events, but the application process is now separate from the Press Badge.
We encourage anyone interested in applying to apply early, as the number of Industry badges is limited. Applications are reviewed individually in the order that they are received. Decisions are final and at SPJA’s sole discretion.
How to Apply:
- Submit an application – please be as thorough as possible in your responses to increase chances of approval.
- Submitted applications will be reviewed by the AX team and selected for approval.
- Each industry applicant will receive a notice letting them know if they have been approved, if additional information is needed, or if they have not been selected. If you have not heard back from us by the end of May, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon approval, you will be provided with a unique URL link granting access to purchase your Industry badge via ShowClix. You will have two (2) weeks to purchase your industry badge. If you do not purchase within the two (2) week time frame the link will expire. NOTE: If someone purchases the badge on behalf of an approved professional (applicant), please note that the buyer:
- must assign the badge for transfer during checkout by providing the applicant’s email address AND,
- if shipping within the U.S. or Canada, enter the applicant’s name and shipping address on the Billing Page.
Deadline to Apply: May 26, 2023
Please be sure to read the industry policies and health and safety policies for more information.
Anime Expo 2023 will run from July 1 through July 4 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.