Want to elevate your cosplay skills? Curious about bringing your cosplay to the big stage of the AX Masquerade and WCS USA Finals? Come check out the ax chibi Cosplay Hallway Contest and show off your passion to our judges! ⭐Sign Up Now
Registration: Contestants may register for the chibi hallway cosplay contest 2023 online from November 1, 2023 – November 11, 2023, or until 34 slots are filled. No contestants will be allowed to register after registration closes. There will be a small possibility of standby.
Check-in: All contestants will check-in ONSITE at the Cosplay Table located inside Ballroom C on the first floor. Contestants must arrive on November 11, 2023, at 10:20 AM. Failure to arrive on time will result in loss of spot and standby will fill in. Sorry, no exceptions.
1. Hallway Cosplay Contest is open to any individual over the age of 16. There is only one division, however there will be two prizes both based upon craftsmanship only (sewing, foam work, wig styling, etc.…). No performances. Winners will each receive a pair of tickets (2) for the 2024 Anime Expo Masquerade.
· Best Beginner – This will be given to the best crafted cosplay with the least experience based upon the decision of our cosplay judge panel.
· Best Overall – This will be given to the best crafted cosplay based upon the decision of our cosplay judge panel.
2. The maximum number of participants for the hallway cosplay competition is 34 total. During registration, any information received will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and will not be passed on to any third parties.
3. Cosplays may be handmade or store-bought. Found, salvaged, or altered costumes and props are still eligible for judging, but must be altered by at least 60% with the exceptions being for footwear or items for mobility or safety to be eligible for winning.
4. All props must abide to anime expo chibi’s Weapons Policy & Code of Conduct upon contestant check-in. Failure to present your weapons – even seemingly harmless ones – may result in your entry being removed and you may be escorted from the premises.
5. SPJA reserves the right to adjust the rules, terms, and/or conditions of this event in any way they see fit and disqualify any participant for non-compliance with the rules and regulations herein.
6. Permission is granted to SPJA to use the costumes photographed/filmed during the contest for future marketing and promotions.
7. Please refer to our legal page for full disclosure of anime expo chibi Policies, Terms, and Conditions.
Maguma is a California based cosplayer & event organizer with 15+ yrs in the convention scene. Maguma is also an artist & Indie Game Dev.
HylianCream is a Master level craftsmanship cosplayer and costuming student from SoCal. She has recieved numerous awards for her work over the past few years
You are leaving the Anime Expo website!