Get Your Badge
A badge is the first thing you’ll need to get in order to attend Anime Expo. There are a few different types of badges:
- 4-Day: Best value! Use all four days to explore everything AX has to offer
- 1-Day: Can’t make it the whole weekend or just want to check out AX? Try the 1-Day badge!
- 4-Day Child: For ages 6-13; kids 5 and under are free. There are no 1-Day child badges.
- Premier Fan: The ultimate fan experience, this badge has extra perks like entering the Exhibit Hall early. Click here to learn more.
- Press: Complimentary badge for those intending to do press coverage. (Application required)
- Industry: Discounted badge for people who work in the industry. (Application required)
- Exhibitor: Only available for confirmed Exhibitors.
- Artist Alley: Only available for confirmed Artist Alley participants.
TIP: Buy early! Badges purchased early will be mailed out to USA and Canada. Badge prices also increase as the date for Anime Expo draws near, so be sure to get your badge early!
Buying a badge onsite or day-of: Onsite prices purchases will be higher than purchasing a badge online. If you still wish to purchase onsite, you may do so during registration hours on Days 1-4.
Transfer your Badge: If you bought a badge for your friend, make sure you transfer the badge to their account! Here is how you transfer the badge via ShowClix.
Step 1: Log into your ShowClix account and click "Manage Anime Expo 2022 Profile".
Step 2: Click the "Transfer Items" button.
Step 3: Enter the email address of the person you wish to transfer the badge to, then check the box next to the badge you will be transferring.
Step 4: Click on the "Transfer" button to complete.
Step 5: Lastly, the recipient will receive an email notifying them to accept the transferred badge.
Here is a visual guide with more detailed instructions.
Activate your Badge: Once you receive your badge, whether shipped or at Badge Pick-Up, you will need to activate it. Step 1: Scan the QR code or log into Showclix "My Tickets" account
Step 2: Click on the "Manage Anime Expo 2022 Profile”.
Step 3: Click on "Activate Badge."
Step 4: Find the activation number located on the back of the badge in RED. Type it into the box and click "Activate."
Here is a visual guide for activating badges.
Questions regarding registration can be directed to email@example.com. Need help with locating your registration info or transferring/upgrading your badge? Visit the Anime Expo Help Center for assistance.
Things to figure out before AX:
- Budget: Check out our handy budget worksheet for help.
- How to get to AX and where to stay: Anime Expo takes place in Downtown LA at the Los Angeles Convention Center and adjacent areas, such as JW Marriott and Microsoft Theater.
- Cosplay(s): Select the character(s), make a budget, and chart out a timeline well in advance so that you're not up until 3 AM the day before AX crying over a wig that just won't cooperate or a seam that you have to rip out and re-do for the third time. Trust us...It's not a good way to start your AX weekend.
- What do you want to do and see? With 800+ hours of programming, 400+ exhibitor booths, and 500+ Artist Alley participants, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Try to plan out your day by making a list of things you want to check out and have backup plans in case you can't get into your first-choice due to scheduling conflicts or limited capacity.
Other things to keep in mind:
There will be lines.
With over 100,000 people at AX interested in many of the same things you are, expect lines for panels, autograph sessions, food, buying merch at booths in the Exhibit Hall, and more. Be cognizant of which panel rooms will be cleared between events and which ones won't. Check the program room policies and/or event descriptions for more information.
Remember, there’s only so much time in a day (or weekend).
We work very hard to bring a wide variety of events, panels, and activities to Anime Expo. As much as we’d love to share them all with all of our attendees, it’s likely that you won’t be able to do or see everything. With multiple events and panels running at the same time, you may have to make some hard choices.
Take care of yourself.
- Wear comfy shoes! Did you know that the Exhibit Hall alone is equivalent to the size of six football fields? Be aware that you’ll likely be doing a lot of walking and standing around (in lines), so be sure to wear comfortable shoes. (Plus, use insoles, especially for cosplay-specific shoes.) Attendees typically walk around 5-10 miles per day.
- Bring sunscreen (and maybe a hat, too). Most lines are located outside of the building, and while they are tented, it's possible you may spend some time in the sun while walking around.
- Set aside money for food and bring a refillable water bottle. With food trucks, restaurants, and grocery stores nearby, there's plenty of options no matter what your budget is. There's also water fountains located next to just about every restroom in the convention center.
- Try to get some rest. We know you're very excited for AX and want to make sure your cosplay is perfect, but losing sleep before the event even starts is not a good way to prepare for multiple long days of being on your feet.
- Mask up! COVID is still rampant so make sure you keep yourself protected. All attendees will be required to wear approved face coverings so make sure you bring extras in case.
- Get Tested. In our effort to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations, SPJA will be requiring all attendees of AX 2022 to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours prior to attending the event.