With the opening of the 2020 hotel block coming up later this month, we’ve put together an overview of the booking policies and updates to help you plan for Anime Expo 2020.
Please note that ConferenceDirect is the official housing service provider for Anime Expo and the only place to book rooms at the AX 2020 hotel block rates. If you choose to use another hotel booking site or book directly with the hotel, any customer service inquiries must be handled by the respective booking service that you used.
Hotel Block Dates
The AX Official Hotel Block is separated for the following groups: Exhibitor, Artist Alley, Premier Fan, and General Attendee. Rates and reservation policies vary per hotel but will be the same for all groups in the AX Official Hotel Block. Please see below to find out when each block will be available:
- Exhibitor & Artist Alley Hotel Block Open: January 7 @ 9 AM PST
- Premier Fan Hotel Block Open: January 21 @ 9 AM PST (See policies for more info)
- General Attendee Hotel Block Open: January 28 @ 9 AM PST
Each group will be able to book a hotel either on Passkey or by calling ConferenceDirect. The Passkey link and phone number are available on the Hotel Page. Please be aware that the hotel booking system will be unavailable from 8 – 9 AM on the day of each block release. Be sure to check out our hotel booking policies for important information about reservation requirements and other policies.
2020 Hotel Block Info & Updates:
- Room Night Reservation Requirements: Thursday or earlier arrivals will be required at the Courtyard Marriott, Hotel Figueroa, Hotel Indigo, InterContinental, LUXE, JW Marriott, Residence Inn, Ritz Carlton.
- New Hotels in the AX Official Block: Additional hotels in the 2020 block will include Ace Hotel, The Hoxton Downtown LA, and O Hotel.
- Limited Availability at Select Hotels: Due to Barbershop Harmony Society hosting its International Contest & Convention at the JW Marriott and the Microsoft Theater, hotel blocks will be limited at the JW Marriott, Courtyard Marriott, and Residence Inn.
- Cancellation Fee Updates:
- $50 fee for those who cancel on or after April 1, 2020
- $100 fee for those who cancel on or after May 1, 2020
Booking Guidelines & Tips:
- A valid credit card is needed to make a reservation.
- Reservations are non-transferrable.
- Depending on the hotel, you must be at least 18 or 21 years of age to check into a room. (See hotel grid below for more info)
- To mitigate errors while booking your reservation, do not have the hotel booking site open in multiple tabs or windows.
- Once you have selected your room nights, we recommend that you complete your personal and payment information within 5 minutes. If you do not complete the reservation within this time, your room nights may be taken by another attendee.
- Please note: A virtual queue will be in place to manage the high traffic expected for the hotel booking process.
To avoid delays during the booking process, we recommend visiting the hotel page in advance to determine the top three hotel choices you would like to book. All hotels are subject to availability. On the hotel grid below, you can find information about each hotel’s amenities, cancellation policies, and more. Pricing on the hotel page is provided for planning purposes only and does not account for taxes, upgrades, or any other additional fees that may apply. More detailed information about each hotel’s policies and amenities will be available on the hotel booking website.
For more detailed information about reservation requirements and other policies, please refer to the Hotel Booking Policies page.
Anime Expo 2020 will run from July 2 through July 5 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
For more information about attending AX, check out our How to Attend guide.