AXDance is “all responsible ages” in accordance to the City of Los Angeles’s curfew policy. Everyone can attend AXDance in the evening from 7 ~ 10:30PM. After 10pm, AXDance will not let anyone in under the age of 18.
If you are coming to the AXDance after 7pm you must have the following:
- Official Identification such as a state ID, driver’s license, or passport
- Your day badge or weekend badge (We understand late arrivals and will accept pre-reg information only via printouts or viewed through your smartphone. You must show that you have paid and the name on your pre-registration must match your identification.)
You may also be subject to a light security search by our licensed security on hand to gain access to AXDance.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Anyone not complying with the following rules and regulations will not be permitted to enter AXDance or may be subject to dismissal.
- Badge or ID is required at all times; you will be checked every single time you enter.
- Cannot enter AXDance after 10pm if you are under the ages of 18.
- No professional cameras. No exceptions.
- Must have shoes at all times.
- No lining up for AXDance until after 7pm.
- No liquids or beverages may be brought in. (There is a water fountain right outside of the AXDance room. )
- No bags. No exceptions. (Please utilize bag check or leave them in your car or hotel room)
- No large cosplay props.
- No prop weapons of any kind replicas. (Swords, airsoft, etc…)
- Neither AXDance Staff Volunteers nor Security are responsible for watching your personal belongings and will not hold your items that you leave at the door.
- Security will dismiss anyone found laying down or asleep inside of the dance room.
- Cannot enter AXDance under the influence.
- Anyone dismissed from AXDance for any reason cannot return for the remainder of the weekend.
- No backstage access. Security will escort anyone found backstage or coming in through any other door but the main entrance.
- Do not leave any personal items near or under the stage. Security will remove any such found items.
- Do not stand on any furniture inside or outside of the AXDance room. Security may ask you to leave.
Over the years, AXDance has worked with over fifty DJ’s from both Japan and the US:
- DJ. AMAYA
- BRYAN GARCIA
- CASANOVA FRANKENSTEIN
- CASUAL ROBOT
- CLOUD 9
- DEAD KRUISER
- DERTEE DISCO
- KARA PANG
- MEISHI SMILE
- MELBOURNE BUNNY
- MIKE VEGA
- MINORU (NIRGILIS)
- RAM RIDER
- REVOLUTION BOI
- SCOTT MORGAN
- STORMY RAYNER
- TORY TRAJEC
- YUKI INADERA (NIRGILIS)
- YUKIA DONG
☆AX DANCE XHIBITION SHOWCASE☆
Wanna show us your moves? Got a crew with a routine? Make your way through try outs and showcase your talent!
- ☆ Xhibition Signups: Sunday, July 2nd | 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- ☆ Xhibition Tryouts: Sunday, July 2nd | 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- ☆ Xhibition Showcase: Monday, July 3rd | 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Open to all ages!
- Signing up for tryouts does not guarantee a spot in the Showcase
- AX badge required
Signups will be restricted to the first set of categories.
- (10) Singles
- (10) Doubles
- (8) Squads up to 6
- (8) Squads up to 15
- Entire group must be present to sign up
- Groups must have a Captain that will be a Point of Contact (PoC).
- The PoC will be responsible for responding via email or text in case any questions or notifications arise
- Signups will be closed once we hit the set number of groups listed above
- Submissions will only be accepted through flash drives
- Songs must be in .mp3 format and at LEAST 192 kbps
- Lyrics must be free of profanity. It must be clean or be censored
- Songs will be previewed during signups to ensure quality and rules
- We HIGHLY encourage having multiple selections of songs in the event other groups have selected a
- song for a routine. However, only one will be cleared for tryouts.
- Same song for tryouts must be used, however the song can be extended to fit the time allotted for the showcase if wanted.
- Routines will be limited 2-3 minutes max. Please edit your songs accordingly.
- Tryouts will be judged by our esteemed panel.Tryouts will be taken place on the dance floor (not on stage).
- After tryouts, we will be tallying up scores and deciding on who will be able to perform at the showcase.
- Selected groups will be emailed/texted after judging. Response will be required in order to participate into the showcase.
- Failure to respond by 9 pm on Sunday, July 2nd will cause your group to forfeit your spot and another group will be selected
Groups will be graded on the following: Visual, Choreography, Hype, Performance
- Showcase routines will be limited 4-5 minutes max.
- Showcase performances will take place on stage
- Out of the groups who participated in Tryouts, the following will be selected
- (2) Singles
- (2) Doubles
- (5) Squads up to 6
- (1) Squad up to 15
For more information, questions or concerns, please feel free to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com