Attendee Volunteers can be assigned to any AX Department that needs assistance during the convention. They are the ninjas who are deployed out to save the day wherever the need arises. To apply, please visit our online application. Please make sure to specify that you are interested in being an Attendee Volunteer by selecting "Attendee Volunteer" under the question asking "Are you interested in applying for a specific department?" Once your application is submitted, you will be added to the mailing list and receive further information on joining the Attendee Volunteers.
- Minimum of 4-hour commitment (Maximum of 8 hours/day).
- Must be at least 18 years old by July 1, 2019.
- Adhere to all SPJA volunteer policies/guidelines.
- Complete the Volunteer Application
- Complete the volunteer required fields (emergency contact, etc...) in the Volunteer Shiftboard profile.
- Complete the volunteer forms
- Complete the Youth Protection Policy (YPP) courses.
- Complete volunteer background check.
- 1-day badge for AX 2019 for every 4 hours of volunteering. (This badge is transferable to friends or family) A maximum of four badges can be earned this way.
- Exemplary volunteers may also be chosen to receive other extra goodies such as a t-shirt, badge for the following year, or other cool prizes.
- Resume and experience building.
- Behind the scenes look at how conventions are run.
NOTE: When applying please select “Attendee Volunteer” under the field that reads “Are you applying for a specific department?”
NOTE: Attendee Volunteers who have already purchased a badge are subject to the same badge refund policies as general attendees.