As some of you may have seen in our AX 2019 program guide, Anime Expo 2020 Early Bird badges will go on sale Friday, August 16, 2019!
In this post, we’ll outline everything you need to know about the on-sale date so that you know what to expect.
When and where is AX 2020?
Anime Expo 2020 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from Thursday, July 2 through Sunday, July 5.
When exactly will badges go on sale?
Friday, August 16, 2019 at 12 PM PDT
Where do I go to buy badges?
The link to the registration page on Eventbrite will be available via the Register page. While the Eventbrite link may be accessible prior to August 16, you will not be able to purchase badges until Friday, August 16 at 12 PM PDT.
Badge purchasing on Eventbrite will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
What badges will be available and how much will they be?
- 4-Day Badges: A limited number of 4-day Early Bird badges will go on sale for $75*. This is the best price that 4-day badges will be available for, as we will no longer hold a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale. Because of this, the number of available Early Bird badges has been adjusted accordingly. After all Early Bird badges sell out, 4-day badges will be available for $85*. Please be aware that 4-day badge prices increase periodically until AX 2020, so we recommend buying early!
- Child Badges: For ages 6-13, Child Badges will be available for $35* from Friday, August 16 until badges sell out.
- Premier Fan Badges: All available Premier Fan badges will go on sale for $475* each. No additional batches of Premier Fan badges will be released at a later date. Once they sell out for AX 2020, they will be gone!
- AX 2020 Premier Fan Perks will consist of:
- 4-Day Access to Anime Expo
- Badge mailing with exclusive lanyard
- Premier Fan Swag Bag Package featuring art by PICPICGRAM
- Designated Premier Fan Hotel Booking Block
- Exclusive Ticketing Pre-Sale Purchase Period for Select Events
- Exclusive Advanced Reservation for Select High-Demand Events
- Priority Entry Access to the Convention Center
- Priority Entry to Select Panels & Events
- Early Entry to the Exhibit Hall on Day 1 (Thursday, July 2)
- Designated Premier Fan Line for Exhibit Hall on Days 2-4 (No Early Access)
- Premier Fan Lounge Access (features Wi-Fi, complimentary beverages, and charging stations)
- Discount on Official AX Merchandise
- Visit the Premier Fan Page for full details.
(*Prices do not include Eventbrite/shipping/handling fees)
What is the refund/transfer policy?
Badges are non-transferable to AX 2021. Refund requests must be made within 30 days of purchase by emailing email@example.com. Name and address changes can be made via Eventbrite. Please see below for the deadlines. Any badges purchased after Tuesday, March 31, 2020 will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020: Name change deadline
- Friday, April 24, 2020: Address update deadline
When will the Press & Industry badge application open up?
We are in the process of updating the application process and are aiming to open up the application in late 2019/early 2020. Please check back for updates.